Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 01:07 AM   #80
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

So with the front done i moved back to the rear now that i have the proper rear springs, had i got the correct rear springs the first time from the place i bought them from i would have started on the rear springs when i finished the disk conversion, oh well a little extra work huffing stuff around

Supported the truck just ahead of the rear springs, the truck was a little unstable so i lifted the back a little and measured the higth of the rear hitch and found a log round the right size to help support the truck, nice and stable and safe for me.

As usual the bolts are frozen in the sleeves and won't turn, grabbed my sawzall and tried to cut the rear bolts just like i did on the front, it wouldn't even faze the bolts! checked the blade, it seems sharp enough but i get a new blade anyway, still won't cut! Moved to the U bolts and discovered the nuts were froze solid but they were not tight, great! grabbed the sawzall and sliced right thru them.. Checked my cuttoff wheel and 4" grinder and it won't reach thru the bolts ether..

Gonna give in and go buy a torch set tomorrow morning, and a new modem as i have been having connectivity issues the past week.. For the cutting by torch i am glad the truck is outside, but the rain is on the way again...
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote