Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 10:06 AM   #184
CSHADES

Re: project 39

as i am doing the body work on the rest of the cab i kept looking at the cab corner on the left side. it was damaged along the way and i have no idea on how to get it straight. the bent part is in a difficult part to hammer on, i looked at some of the parts and parts cabs that i have and no of them were good enough to consider taking the time to cut and weld into this cab. while standing in the shower the other night it dawned on me that i had seen some where that they were repoping the corners so when i got to work the next morning i looked it up. sure enough they do make them and they come in pairs. i ordered them and had them on friday last week. so this weekend i got busy installing them. they actually dont fit to bad. the front edge where it goes into the door jamb sucks but i knew that was going to be the case from the experiences i have had in the past. so i cut the panel about 1/2 inch from the edge and welded it in that way. i did both sides over the weekend but i just put the pics on for the drivers side. the other side was the same pretty much with a couple of small differences.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote