View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 06:47 AM   #3
68PanelTruck

Re: Will this clutch work?

It's definitely a 12" clutch in there now, I measured it myself. Here's the deal. Right now I have a 12", ten tooth spline, 1-1/8" input shaft. Oriellys has a "Power Torque" clutch kit listed with those exact specs for my truck. Power Torque is Oriellys house brand and I believe the clutch is made by Sachs because both Oriellys and Sachs share the same exact part number. In fact, Oriellys has 5 or 6 twelve inch clutches listed for my truck.

Auto Zone sells Sachs clutches and they have the same one (eve has the same part number) as Oriellys for over $100 less BUT it says it won't work. I would have to special order the clutch and they won't take it back if it is wrong, only defective.
So am I missing something? I think maybe Auto Zone gets it's specs from the Sachs info but Sachs is wrong because they don't even list a 12" clutch for my truck, which I know is wrong because I have one in there now and other parts stores also list a 12" clutch for my truck. It's confusing, Sachs does sell 12" clutches with the right specs, just not for my truck
Other than the 12", 10 spline, 1-1/8" input shaft specs, is there any other differences between clutches fitting?

Trying to bring a 68 Panel Truck back from the dead. 396 Big Block, 4 on the floor, and a whole lot of rust.
68PanelTruck is offline   Reply With Quote