View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 06:16 PM   #114
omodified

Re: "Midnight Rider" 1970 C10 SWB Fleetside

Getting close to the end of the front accessories. Power steering pump is up next.

Saginaw Type II TC pump and integrated resevoir

The kit also comes with a hardline to AN -6 adapter with crush washers. Installed and torqued to spec.

Installed the assembly onto the manifold. Torqued to proper amount.

The manual says to press the power steering pulley on until it's flush with the end of the shaft. It's impossible to see your progress because the install tool is blocking your view. So, I used this nice pulley alignment laser kit from Dayco. The kit is designed to utilize a target with the laser, but neither the laser or the target fit well on the small alternator pulley or the large crank pulley. I ended up just using the laser by itself. First, I centered the laser on the A/C compressor pulley. I checked the laser line against the crank pulley and the alternator pulley. The laser was aimed directly in the center of both. Next, I centered the laser on the power steering pulley. Once I began pressing the pulley on, it was easy to check my progress with the laser line. Once the laser got closer to the center of the crank pulley, I began to check the alignment to the alternator as well. Making small adjustments, I managed to get it dead center on both. The belt should line up great when installed!

The last thing to bolt on is the the tensioner pulley.

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote