Thread: HeavyMetalChevy
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #73
HeavyMetalChevy
Just a Member

Re: HeavyMetalChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by towbar View Post
I'm a new member on the board have bought some items from other board members and have had very good results from everyone.....except HMC!!! I bought some trim and a tach dash from Duane a few months ago....got the run around from him for a few weeks on shipping. After about 3 weeks of excuses I got frustrated and called him out on it, he pointed me to the buyer and sellers code of ethics thread (seriously)and advised me read it?? He indicated that it allowed adequate time for shipment and that I had not allowed enough time for him to ship. Obviously adequate time is more than 3 weeks?? Actually the code of ethics doesn't mention anything for adequate time for shipment.....only payment....but its understood I know! My wife I have sold many items on eBay and we always ship within 3 days after payment is received. Personally I think that 3 days to 1 week is more than enough time for shipment!! Anyway, Duane assured me it was because of the situation with his dad and was doing the best he could.....so maybe I'm gullible but to me he was and believable so I gave him the benefit of the doubt since I did get my parts, and they were pretty much as he had described and I was pleased with them.

Everyone deserves a second chance so being the guy I am, I then purchased a 71-72 grill shell from him for $125, and he said it would be shipped the next day.....that was about 3 weeks ago and still no grill shell, no refund, no communication...no nothing. Shame on me for believing in someone and giving them an opportunity to redeem themselves!!

Yeah....my life is a little more complicated than others. This is why to me...they are just parts....I have waited almost two months for replacement parts from vendors....I knew they were good on it...so I did not waste my time tripping on it.. They came and I continued to buy from them...That is ust me though...
GM ZZ4 Hot Cam 1.5 roller rockers.375hp Aluminum
TH400(3rd)
71 SWB frame off with 68 body. POSI

PayPal: remimartin257@aol.com
Business Inquires: 812 801 5111
"Help me, help you" that's my motto

Members met... BuildinA68, jessewebb, daddymoo2, 70STOVEBOLT, irishfan77, feller, fine69, chevytruckguy70, jamie72, Nohatch, 2112, drtydog
HeavyMetalChevy is offline   Reply With Quote