View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #136
justaguy

Re: Project Patina Azul

Will be doing a very similar EFI install in my '68 burb soon! I have a donor '97 Express Van with a Vortec 350 and 4l80E (CL $500 STEAL). My fuel tank is different, runs along the driver side of the van so I am still looking for options. Plan to use the wiring harness out of it. The PO already lowered the burb by cutting the coils, but it sits level with no engine or trans, so I am thinking I am going to have to re-do the front coils. We live about 5 blocks from a Drive-In (movies, not food) so I REALLY want to get it on the road before the summer movie season is over!! Might even have to start a build thread....

Was almost sick when I saw your post about getting hit!! (just found your thread) MAN, they must have been MOOOVING to do that much damage to the burb!! Glad you came out OK. How has it been going dealing with the Insurance Company? (tell them to watch an episode of Counting Cars and see just how much it costs to have a "Professional" do the work. Then tell them you'll take 15 Grand for parts and your labor, or they can pay a shop 3 times as much!) Glad you found your fenders, hope you find a hood you like.

Best of luck,

Andrew
* '64 2 Dr Merc Comet; '66 Mustang (Wife's)
* Two Toyota RAV4s DDs & 3 Motorcycles
* And we WALK to Work! (Driving takes longer!)
justaguy is offline   Reply With Quote