View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 09:58 PM   #53
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

Im in the process of loading this post. computer is being stupid. check back later. there will probably be more

Well so much for getting something accomplished over winter haha. I figured that's how it would go. In the 4 months since I put the cab in the garage, I got the wiring stripped of it, and 1 nut off of the gauges. I could have easily had the gauges out but for some reason I cannot find any of my tools at home. As usual, I have $10,000 worth of tools at work and all I can find it home is 3 Chinese wrenches and a hammer. Not a big deal. On the plus side, the gauges look noticeably newer than the rest of the dash when looking from the back side. There is no rust at all on them or the mounting nuts. Which is good to know because the thought of twisting one of those studs off does not sound fun.

Any idea why the metal around the ignition switch is different?

I did manage to start rounding Parts up. I picked up an 88 T Bird rack at the U Pull It a while back for 25 bucks. I figured either way I was going to have that invested in it. If I buy a new one it has a $20 core anyway. This way I can use this time to experiment on and for the Fab work and not worry about tearing the boots on the new one. First thing I did when I got it was open it up and see what I was working with.

In stock condition it is 2 1/3 turns lock to lock 5 1/4" travel. The white washers are there to limit travel and provide a cushion when it reaches the end of its travel.

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723

Last edited by Cautrell05; 03-19-2016 at 10:10 PM.
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote