Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 11:48 AM   #225
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
Man those chrome parts look great. The gold is the copper they plate it with before chrome, the chrome wont stick to aluminum so they copper plate it first. Just didn't leave it in long enough. Wow I'm going to have to do that to my hood lights for sure. Thanks for the info on El Paso plating.
Thanks......and I appreciate the information on the chroming process..Im such a newb on that. I sent the parts back yesterday and marked the places with blue tape so that they could see what I was talking about...hopefully it makes it easier to see what I was talking about......In all honesty I don't think it will be hard for them to notice. I have always wanted to have the park lamp bezels chromed and since it was a lot cheaper at Electroplating of El Paso I decided to try them out, Once the grille is finished I will be sending it to them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
I am envious of your steering wheel John! I haven't found a good one yet and I am not sure I am up to the task of restoring one.
Andy are you talking about the steering wheel or the deluxe horn ring? My actual steering wheel has some cracks in it as well so I will be attempting to fix them...I was "Told" that you could use an epoxy resin type thing but have never tried that before.

Found out from the fabricator guy that the wont be able to take my truck till the end of January or first of Feb......Kind of a bummer but understand since he is getting his new shop arranged and set up.

Im hoping by summer that all the metal and body work are done on my truck...after that I can paint it at anytime......just want to get it running and drivable and back together so I can DRIVE IT!!!!!!

Also got my AAW Classic Update wiring Harness in.....That should be interesting when I start that..lol

Last edited by Johns 66; 12-22-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote