View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 11:54 PM   #144
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Started on the conversion from a two valve bag system to a four valve system. I want to move the valves from under the dash to under the seat. After a lot of thought I decided to run the lines under the floorboard and come up under the seat. This will involve running the lines near the exhaust pipes so I went with steel tubing in between the frame rails and then switching to plastic lines. I drilled six holes to start (4 to the bags, one from the tank, and one vent) then bent the lines. In order to make a good seal and prevent rattles I drilled a plate to bolt on the under side. The plate will compress the grommets installed around each tube for a positive seal. The top of each grommet got sealed with some of the sound deadener. I put the four lines to the gauges inside a piece of stiff clear tubing for protection and ran it under the carpeting to the firewall. I found a metal box from a bathroom fan and cut it down to make the mount for the valves. The valves are a Little Larry's Four Play set. I ran out camera battery so I didn't get any photos of the mount fabrication. Just a before and after.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote