Thread: Arkansas K10
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 11:02 PM   #191
davischevy

Re: Arkansas K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicc1835 View Post
I have a question I realize the dash should be painted not get the glare did you pick a color and just use a flat paint or is that factory correct ? I have to look at mine to see but I an almost sure my yellow truck has a grayish dash ...when I get back at it the interior will be black with black dash pad ...your truck is a work of art hats off to your attention to detail...its fun and rewarding
thanks
Jess
Yes, I took pictures, and matched what was in the truck originally.

I took some saddle interior parts to my paint guy and he mixed some dye to match. That is subjective, because there are several different tones of saddle in the parts. We matched the back side of the door panels more than anything.

I added flattener to the top of dash paint. I have a picture on another computer with the original top of dash colors.

Did your truck have a Sandlewood dash pad? We have a 72 with a parchment interior and it had a sandlewood dash pad, which is a grayish color.

My 72 super has a black dash pad and black top of dash.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.

Last edited by davischevy; 01-20-2022 at 11:03 PM. Reason: clarification
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote