View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 10:00 PM   #12
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Plow Truck, '78 GMC K35 Dually

The console mount wasn't bad. I made a bracket for one end. The other fit the floor alright. The rest of the interior work was just cleaning and painting. I used some dye for the plastic parts. The door panels were really sun damaged on top. I used them but if this was more than a plow truck I would have replaced them. I found problems with the heater controls so they are pretty much stuck on at the heater box. The fan wouldn't go to high speed. There was crap wiring to fix. The plow control was mounted to a bracket that was where the ash tray was. The dash speaker was blown and I bought a pair of small ones to replace it. Getting that out was one of the most difficult jobs on the whole interior swap. The rear of the cab separated from the floor on the driver side. I fixed that with panel adhesive. And a big mouse nest in the cab corner.

I pretty much sprayed every piece of the interior that was used except the steel dash and the seats. The door panels I did in 2 tone and repainted the chrome trim with chrome rattle can paint. I think they turned out great. The key is getting used plastic as clean as possible so the paint doesn't get fish eyes. Every crack, scratch and pore gets body oils and other oil based cleaners like armor all in them. It sucks.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote