Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 05:21 AM   #62
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Ok, I got it taken care of, after work i checked the pitch of the caliper, it sure looked to be 20 tpi, so i scrounged thru my nut and bolt pile and found a grade 8 7/16-20 bolt and nut, tried the bolt and it would go in one of the calipers a couple turns by hand and stop, so grabbed a wrench and worked it in a bit more and pulled it out, no damage to the threads so continued the process until in the length of the caliper threads, did the same on the other caliper and they both turned out OK, glad that's over with!

These are the short hoses i got with my kit, i did my best to hold them by hand without a Banjo bolt to see how they might work and take the pic's with the other. pretty tight bends trying to figure out where to weld the kit's brake hose bracket to the housing, the bracket is only about 1.5" long so the hose is only about 1/2" from the U bolts. Its looking like it will only fit right between the U bolts and fit even better if i moved it upward onto the spring mount, i could pull it to the inside of the inner U bolt but i think that will bind the hose and caliper too much. I may have to find a piece of strap and extend the bracket a bit.

Pic's of the conversion bracket and caliper mock up.. I'll be pealing that Frog Tape off one of these days! Brake pads are in full contact with the rotor as far as the moved hole is concerned.

Well, i've come to the conclusion that i will be removing and flipping the cover over to move that fill hole up a bit, I just cant see it hurting anything and i feel it will allow the hub bearings to be better lubricated.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote