View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 10:06 AM   #31
Andy4639
Old member

Lightbulb Re: Timing & Gas Milage

One of the best distributers you can buy is a GM HEI out of a mid 80's vehicle. No vacuum advance. They are easy to set up and will provide you with great service.

I had one in my 71 C-10 the whole life of the 305 TPI motor with 300,000 miles on it and I put 1 module in it. They are the best and cheapest for a stock motor. My truck had the 305/700-R4 in it with 4:10 gears and I got 18 MPG out of it running 70-80 MPH.
For a street truck that is used for just driving it and not hot rodding it you want beat the setup.
All these boxes and stuff are hype to sell you the product but @ the end of the day your paying for nothing but fancy electrical gadgets to fail and leave you on the side of the road.
One thing I always kept in mind for my trucks is drivability. I didn't want anything I couldn't get at a local parts house if I was on the road. That is something to keep in mind.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote