View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #62
Reinovator

Re: Anyone else done with Oriley Auto parts?

Hay I have been a Partsman for Autozone, pepboys, Napa. dodge and toyota
there are two major problems in the large chain's, remember this is not the rule just an observation, the major chains are mostly in it for the numbers, and some time they don't care if the part aren't perfect.
and most of them are run by bean counters not people who have turned a wrench.
The best advice as a former partsman I give you guy's is use the competition in your area to your advantage. Autozone and PepBoys had polices of price matching. Quality is always what your after.
in 35 years in the Automotive Industry I've seen parts house's come and go I've been reamed. and I've made some great deals.
O'Riley is going through Big changes, I am not defending them.
They will rise to be a good part's supplier or they will fall.

Name drop, if your having a problem with a part get your money back and go down the street. or as in my case show them a print out from a web site of their competitions same part and ask them what they think. some time you can get an up graded part and a discount the next time you come in.

I only have to deal with Parts Plus Or Napa. luckily they Know I was a partsman. and I live in a smaller community now. they live here too and want a pay check. One of the managers used to be one of partsman I used to deal with in SLC when I had my shop and managed a couple of others.

You need to train a partsman to your needs.
It works for the part's house and you.

Don't be afraid to drop a line to their main office if you have consistent problems. This is, some times, how you get the lazy brother in law transferred
out of your area.
good luck everyone. use the competition to your advantage not theirs.