View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 01:21 AM   #55
mudmizer

Re: Part Time Pulling Truck Build

Durramaxx, the truck looks beautiful. I just came across your build and like what you have done. Have you pulled with it yet? I know you have gotten all kinds of advice on your build, so I''l throw in a little as well. I have used my 68 for pulling in the 5500 bls class the last 2 years and have a few seconds and 2 firsts. I think you'll have better pulls if you can move your hitch as others have mentioned. My pics are not the best and I'm sure my hitch is not either but it works pretty well. It connects just behind the cab. You will need to add some sort of traction bars to the front. I run my rear suspension bolted solid, I can undo it for the street. As others have stated you should go to the 465 tranny and run low 2ed. I run 454 gears and crank the big block to about 7200 rpm. I'm still trying to tame the last of my front bounce and working the wheel back and forth helps a little. My class wont allow weight on the front so you may not have too much of a bouncing problem.
Good luck and I'll be watching for ideas. Try the guys at truckpulls.com lots of help there just as on our 67-72 site.
Attached Images