View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 11:32 AM   #1074
77chris03

Re: My 68 swb build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick copper View Post
Gone? What happened?
well....to make a long story short....
August 2013, girlfriend and I split up and put me out....by this time i had already cleaned my storage unit out and sold everything to include furnishing a small home.....I went to GOODGUYS......Got a bad bout of shingles that put me through hell.....friend i was staying with wanted his garage back so i decided to build a house. it was a very very hard decision. Guy who bought it was a Franchise owner of a Firehouse Subs down in south texas. truck sold for a total of 22,550 with 4000 dollar worth of firearms. This paid for almost everything that went into the house.

I told myself that i will do another one.....I met this beautiful woman, who ive known for going on 7 years, shares the same interests in trucks as i do. She wanted to do a 50s model....then she saw pics of my first build and right away she changed her mind and i now have the motive to push and build another. Sooooo....... Round 2......This one will be so much better....I hate being a perfectionist.....

So far, which i havent picked up yet, is a 1968 stepper with a good frame and that has already been dropped 2.5 inches in the front with CPP drop spindles and has already been converted to 5 lug.....the front clip is 67....with 67 correct fenders. the hood is almost perfect with a few very small pits in the nose that can be cleaned up.....motor in the truck is a MEXICO reman. 5.7L...matched to a 200R4. the seat, which is a little rough(rusty frame,springs,etc) is a 1967 front folding bench seat....cab needs to be replaced as it is too far gone for my talent....roof, floor, firewall etc is pretty much gone... good title too....its a starting point thats a way better than the first build....

Im open to sponsors on this one...anything will help as i plan to go all out on this one.

Need opinions on this..... I have a 2000 model GMC 3/4ton with the LQ99 matched to a 4L80 that has 35K miles on it. this truck was the shop truck and never made it past 15mph while at the plant. it def. needs to be rebuilt as cylinder 1 and 8 dont have compression due to the rings being stuck. Motor is a rock....starts without hesitation and drives/shifts through all 4 gears smoothly, even without the compression on 1 and 8....compression is there, just very little..... need suggestions....PLEASE!!!
68 C10 Stepper #1- GONE 68 C10 Stepper #2
1977 Chevy Cheyenne...gone...was my first Chevy
04 Tahoe Z71, 04 Silverado 2500HD, 04 Sierra 2500HD
99 Sierra Stepside, 17 Denali HD, 84 K10
My 1st build-- http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=379333
My 2nd build-- http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=700310
77chris03 is offline   Reply With Quote