View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 11:11 PM   #127
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Not a lot to report, but I did spend a little time on it. Got a good kickdown cable, but I'm having trouble getting the bolt out holding the old one in. I'll probably have to remove the tranny cooler lines to get a better fit for the socket, and maybe use a 6 point instead of the 12.

I have the throttle cable installed from the other tub, but need to get the little ball mount for the carb on. I got the ball connector from a parts store in a set from holley.

I needed to find something for my son to help with, so I had him start pulling out the old carpet. Not an easy job and I needed to help him out, but it revealed the rust damage to the floor. Don't ask for pics, my wife has the camera on a trip right now. I'll post some when she gets back. Basically, the drivers side floor is mostly rust, passenger side has some too, but not nearly as bad. That's good I guess.

Got one of the power steering lines hooked up too. The low pressure one I'll buy new line for, cause I gotta get some fuel line anyway.

My boss was supposed to be visiting me the next couple days (I have a home office), but because of the flooding in SW Wisconsin, he turned around and went back home. He said something like "the detours had detours and some of those were blocked". So I'll put some time into it monday and maybe get a few hours closer to running it.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote