View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 03:42 AM   #148
70rs/ss

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Sounds like there could be gunk in the pushrods and or motor. If you started it and it had no oil, it'd locked up or spun a rod bearing. Get a cheapy oil pressure guage, and install it on a known good port (not plugged). If you have pressure the motor will last. I have seen some gunked up motors over the years, and sometimes the pushrods are solid and therefore no oil to the rockers. Always fill the filter with oil, it'll speed the flow of oil. Now, if the motor was gunked, that gunk could be anywhere, and everywhere, try seafoam in the oil, it'll break down all the crap and flush it out with an oil change. Once the oil think is square, drive it!! BTW I always see single walled tops, on other peoples rides, but can't find one for mine!!! Drive it to AZ, I'll buy it from you and you'll have 0$ invested!! BTW I watched this entire thread ply out, but didn't post much, I am glad you did it through to the end, just to show it can be done and you don't need a second mortgage!! It isn't a show piece, but honestly who wants one of those, not me!! Drive it, let your son drive it (sitting in your lap if he is young!), but you don't have to worry about stupid stuff like scratches, dents, dings, rain, bugs, other drivers, etc, etc you can enjoy it and have the sense that you "DID IT ALL" as compared to the checkbook crowd of "builders" and I use builder loosely when I refer to them!! I think it's sweet and for the $$$ you spent, well let's just say a lot of guys here are going to be green with envy, when they hear $300ish !!!!
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote