View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 11:55 PM   #37
Flint70step

Re: Project Patina Azul

I have got quite a bit of work done on the Burb in the last week or so.I put the boy to work with a wire brush on the frame rails and cross member.We blew everything off with my compressor and sprayed some rustolium satin black.I made sure to prep and paint everything that would be hard to get to when the motor is in.I plan on painting the rest of the frame in sections working my way back.

Then I replaced all the freeze plugs in the motor.A few were showing rust spots so I separated the trans and got the two plugs back there.

Next I cut the hole for the filler neck of the van tank.I used a 3/8 drill bit and made a big hole with a bunch of little holes.I drilled the holes close enough where I could push the bit side ways and cut the material b/n the holes.Not the prettiest end result but it gets the job done w/out an expensive hole saw.

I used the same method to make slots for the tank straps in the cross member behind the rear end.Then I secured the fuel lines to the frame making sure they were nice and tidy.After that I reinstalled the rear most cross member and used my step bit (very handy) to drill to large hole fore the J-hook tank strap bolts

72 Custom Deluxe Burb(Arizona truck)Nice interior
Great patina

Project Patina Azul http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=467668
Flint70step is offline   Reply With Quote