View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #94
RockinKees

Re: Dutch '59 Fleetside Longbed

Yes, they changed the taxes a lot!
We have a European Classic Car rule that says 30 years is an Old Timer or Classic Car. In Holland was it 25 years old, then you don't had to pay roadtax anymore, because of the few miles those cars drove. The Netherlands "suddenly" came short on money and picked the oldtimers to pay...They say because of environment reasons, yeah right.
In the Netherlands are about 350.000 Classics at 7 or 8 miljon cars....
The rules changed into 40 years old ( remember, European rules are 30 years!!). When your car is 40 years or older, you don't have to pay the roadtax. Between 30 and 40 years, is something completely different. If you drive on normal gas you pay €120,- (around $150 these days) a year and for three months you may not drive the car (Dec, Jan and Feb). If you have a Diesel or LPG you pay the whole lot on roadtax, like it is a "normal" car. I drove LPG with the Van (32 years old), so I had to pay €244 a month!! That's about $ 304 a month!! From nothing to this....Even I can't effort that amount!!
Luckily there is a foundation who fights this new law, hope they manage to get this law reversed.. Time will tell.

But now something completely different.
As American Classics are not common at our streets, we are always happy to see this in the wild:

It is very nice restored Apache, you don't see them much in Holland!

1959 Chevy Fleetside Longbed
My build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=643426
Kool Guyz CC
Instagram: _King_Kustom_
RockinKees is offline   Reply With Quote