View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #8
Chevytruck10

Re: '50 Chevy S-10 Swap Build

That had been all the progress until I got started back up on it this summer. I saw this at a swap meet and gave me a good idea since I still didn't have a tailgate.
Name:  IMG_1787.jpg
Views: 1477
Size:  71.5 KB
My grandpa does all sorts of woodworking so I figured we could we could build one and do the bed wood while I was up visiting. Heres some pictures of how it went. The wood is some really nice Red Oak. We had cut the log down and had it sawed at a local sawmill the Thanksgiving before. Turned out to be great timing to use on my project. We trimmed and planed everything up ourselves so it was easy on the wallet. Plus, it was great to involve some of his work into my own project. With the tailgate, I want to stain it but somehow leave the CHEVROLET across the back in the natural color before clear coating. Ill still have to see how this is going to work but we will see. Here's how we did the tailgate.
Name:  IMG_2211.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  74.2 KB
Name:  IMG_2212.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  61.7 KB
Name:  IMG_2214.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  64.2 KB
And heres the bed planks leaned up against the wall. Once i found a diagram online of the grooves on the boards it was a pretty quick process.
Name:  IMG_2221.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  57.5 KB
Chevytruck10 is offline   Reply With Quote