View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #15
Chevytruck10

Re: '50 Chevy S-10 Swap Build

Well that brings me up to where I am now. I have a few pictures I thought I would add in. Here is the clearance I have at the firewall with the cab in the right position. What does everyone think? I am thinking I should be good but if not perhaps I could make some plates to move it back a couple inches.
Name:  IMG_2625.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  81.7 KB
Also, just thought I would say I can see why people bag these trucks. Looks sweet but just not on this project.
I also just picked up some pedals out of an s-10. It was my first time at a new junkyard in town and they didn't get me the bracket for the clutch/brake pedal like I had hoped but think I should be able to make up something without too much trouble.
Another thing, I went ahead and filled in the steering column indention in the dash. I agree with many others that it looks better centered between the gauges and I plan on putting the new column there instead.
Name:  IMG_2547.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  52.6 KB
I did run into something the other night when trying to fill a hole in the window pillar. I cut out a piece to fill the hole but when I welded one side metal started pouring out. Im guessing this was lead? Im really not positive since like I said I am new at this, but would love some input as to what I need to do. Is it best at this point to torch it all out to ensure there is none left?
Name:  IMG_2549.jpg
Views: 952
Size:  50.9 KB
Oh, and almost forgot I picked up a Fulton sun visor off Ebay. I love the look of them on these trucks and found a good deal on one. I think this is the deluxe version because of the trim along the leading edge but am not positive.
Name:  IMG_2555.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  64.0 KB
Attached Images

Chevytruck10 is offline   Reply With Quote