View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 07:49 PM   #105
roger97338

Re: Whats The Best Wax Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee H View Post
It's well over a year since I posted on this thread last. Back to Meguiar's. Clay bar, cleaner wax, then #26. Always the combo I come back to.
I use a similar combo. I use a lot of scratch remover too, because I have some cats that always find a way to run across my vehicle on the rare occasions that it has the car cover off and isn't in the garage. Plus, the scratches that appear around the door handles and the worst offender, around the snaps on the tonneau cover. Lately, when I use the scratch remover, I mix it with liquid cleaner wax, and I've had wonderful results doing that. When I've not needed the scratch remover, I had been using a Zymol product, but I can't find that particular one any more.

For the final wax, I used to use a Carnuba that was from Eagle One. It was a hard carnuba, like candle wax hard, until a little heat was applied to it just from rubbing the applicator on it. Went on easy, came off easy, and it lasted great!

I've been looking for a similar hard carnuba wax to replace it, but I've not found one. Is the Meguiar's #26 that type of wax?
roger97338 is offline   Reply With Quote