View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 04:02 PM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

Quad shock options or opinions

My Willys has the quad shock option on the front of its 88 F150 dana 44 TTB.

Well I am going to order air bags for 2 projects one of which is my Willys along with my T sedan. Since the bags don't fit into the sping pockets I need to modify everything. Which is fine since I need shocks too.

Well I can either move the rear bracket back, and keep the quad option. To which I would use Grabiel gas charged shocks to avoid over shocking it.

Or should I just get a better shock like KYB or eventually Bilstein as I am on the budget right now, and just have the shocks go solo.

To toss into the mix I have access to a set of Rancho 4 inch lift shocks for a blazer. Are longer shocks that big of an advantage since I will be cycling them less as a total percentage of there design stroke.

The suspension of the Willy's aka F150 TTB will remain stock height as with the Willy's body I can easy clear 33's. That is all I need to do desert exploring, and maximize component durability. I wouldn't mind 35's, but with my knees going south quickly. I want to keep it as low as reasonable so I can actually get in easily.

The suspension mods will be limited to swing set steering, and a slightly longer hair pin. I don't want it to ruin anti dive, but I would like a bit more suspension compliance off road.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote