Thread: Seat Question
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #6
gag1025

Re: Seat Question

None of the part nos. are of much help. I did remove the lumbar knob (which you have to do to get the seat control unit out) and bought 2 used power seat control units (the ones that came in the truck needed replacing for various reasons) on eBay for $35 each (the Chevy parts dept. wanted $135 each) tested them out and they work great. The part no. was stamped on the unit so and was the same as the ones I bought on eBay. I was told my seats had to come from a 1999 or later since it had an arm rest, lumbar adjuster knob and a built in shoulder harness. I saw the photo of a 1999 Chevy Silverado on eBay and the seat looked just like mine. I looked up a 1898 Chevy Silverado and this truck did not have those features so I am assuming that the 1999 statement is correct. I am enclosing the eBay photos from a 2001 Chevy Silverado. I took the seats apart and removed the arm rest (because I will have the upholstery guy fill in the space and cover over it) and I painted over the bare metal frame because it was beginning to show signs of surface rust. I am interested in whether or not 1999 was the first year was they made this particular seat. Sorry about the small size of the photo. I was going to remove it and try to find a larger photo but could not find a way to remove it in the edit feature. So, I guess you need to get aout a magnifying glass if you want a closer look.
Attached Images

Last edited by gag1025; 05-18-2014 at 11:55 AM.
gag1025 is offline   Reply With Quote