View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 03:00 PM   #59
Thealien

Re: AM I wrong in being disappointed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
I sold a 47 gmc that I advertised as "not a rustbucket", a guy came and looked it over and found a dime size hole in the passenger floor from where something had sat and rotted. he came unglued about it being falsely advertised. a 70 year old original body is bound to have problems like that, the cab corners were great, the floors and kicks were great except this small hole that would have been fixed with a dab of JB Weld and a quarter. in the end he didnt buy, but tried to. I refused all his offers because he he had already shown me where his heart was (right rear pocket) and I didnt want future problems. bought him a nice frosty drink as compensation and told him to save himself a call on the next one.

it looks like you pulled up glued carpet to find the rust, is that the case? the bondo would surely have been noticed on an inspection. lets face it "next time" isnt going to teach you about this time and its going to sting a bit. in the end do all you can. it sucks, so here is a back pat.
Passenger side was visable without pulling up carpet.

There was lots of communication questioning the "rust free" status and asked for additional pictures which he sent while never showing any of the problem areas! I found a lot of issues 5 minutes off the transport. Was told only thing not working was the gas guage, there have been numerous other issues found since purchase.

I have said many times I blame myself, I know better than to buy without an inspection. That doesn't absolve the seller from many things he had to of known!

Last edited by Thealien; 06-23-2020 at 05:52 PM.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote