View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 06:07 AM   #62
special-K
Special Order

Re: AM I wrong in being disappointed?

I was thinking you were maybe in MA but since I was half guessing I made it not quite as far from Carlisle. Of course now I'm thinking, "Yes, that's right, Boston area"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
I sold a 47 gmc that I advertised as "not a rustbucket", a guy came and looked it over and found a dime size hole in the passenger floor from where something had sat and rotted. he came unglued about it being falsely advertised.
Two problems, people don't pay attention well these days and there are a lot of greenhorns out there who expect a vehicle as good as the picture before looking at it in person. Actually, the third thing is greenhorns not knowing the terminology. "Not a rust bucket" does not say it is rust free. It doesn't even say almost. It could be anything from a little spot or two to having a lot of repairable rust... such as when we say "typical rust". A 67-72 GM truck with rusted rockers, cab corners, cab support or two, fender under battery, maybe some in the door corners, bottom of kick panels, or and/or edge of floor is typical rust and not considered a rust bucket by today's standards

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote