View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 01:02 AM   #75
ChevyRacefan

Re: AM I wrong in being disappointed?

Not picking sides, but did you have to remove carpet of a rubber mat to see the rot?
Again not taking sides.
I ask, as I had sold a car that showed no rust or rot. Anywhere, on the lift the bottom looked clean, with original dealer installed undercoating.
Everything looked rust free, underside, body, the whole thing.
It was not till the new owner took up the carpet could you see the rust/rot in the floor.
I never knew it was there, I only had it for 2 years so it had to be that way when I got it.
I did offer to buy it back, as I felt that was the right thing to do. I got it back and fixed the floors, with new floor stampings.
I never would have stated no rust if I knew about the floor rust/rot. but you could not tell unless you removed the carpet and jute.
I did the right thing, bought it back, Now the guy that had bought it, is bent because I now want 2k more to cover the new floors, paint work and carpet.
Sometimes you just can't win.
I Think even if the seller did not know about it, AND the photo's being shown are of THAT vehicle, not from another, the seller should buy it back for what he sold it for.

It is too easy on the net to um, stretch the truth. And why you always have someone look over a vehicle before you buy.
ChevyRacefan is offline   Reply With Quote