View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 12:19 PM   #93
roll_the_dice

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

Thanks Straight6chevyguy. I appreciate it.

Removed the kick panel carpet and door sill on the drivers side yesterday. I wanted to start removing the wiring harness. Found a little bit of rust in the trough and a whole lot of dirt under the carpet and some ants. Got all that vacuumed out and wire wheeled the trough and surrounding area. Going to lay down some KBS coating rust seal this week (weather permitting). So after I cleaned that up I started removing the harness and got most of it out...will finish today. Tidy up under the dash. Going to paint the interior cab and firewall. Then start the rewire with AAW update kit.

I need to do the passenger side kick panel and door sill also. I expect to find the same rust over there.

The more I get into this truck the more I see how the "upgrades" weren't done correctly. I want to replace/rebuild my power steering box. The box has only 3 bolts holding it on and isn't located in the correct holes. They drilled new holes and moved it back I guess to fit the steering shaft they had? So I need to get that taken care of and correct. Probably hit CaptainFab up for his power steering box bracket to be on the safe side.

Slow and Steady right?
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote