View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 03:15 AM   #73
Jamie @ Doug Thorley

Re: '67 project nightmare ls1 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat72 View Post
The strange thing is that the coupler is right in the middle of a straight piece of tubing. There are bends on each end of the tube but I'm not sure why this isn't a single piece. The tube in question is the longest of the 4, not sure why it is any different then the other tubes. I assume it is tig welded but you can't tell because the welds are all ground smooth. The cool flanges and the way they ground the ports was the reason I bought these units. It's a real nice looking header but there is an ugly secret inside. Why grind the inlets to perfection and then leave a honking piece of metel inside? You should be able to see the sleeve in the following pics.
It looks like they took a slightly small diameter tube and used it for alignment purposes. I can't imagine why they would do this though . Do all the other tubes have ground welds on them? It looks to me like these are made from j-bends and not 1 piece bends. Eiether way, it's not really necessary to use a piece of tube on the inside.
Jamie @ Doug Thorley is offline   Reply With Quote