View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 05:05 PM   #9
c10vortec

Re: 72 C10 winter budget build

With the truck turned around in the shop and some help from my roommate, we pulled off the hood, grill, fenders, and inner fender wells. The process was straight forward, but almost every inner fender clip was rusted and most of the square nuts welded to them broke free also. This tripled the removal time. After it was all said and done we made a trip to SoKyClassics again and bought a front fender assembly hardware kit for $25. All the clips were redesigned with hex nuts also. Hopefully the re-assembly won't be as painful.

Name:  IMG_0795.jpg
Views: 2265
Size:  45.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0796.jpg
Views: 2345
Size:  52.4 KB

I'll spare the in-depth front end rebuild details, there are many excellent threads on here that detail the process already. I'll post some pictures of various points throughout the disassembly to show the condition of the parts that were coming off.

Name:  IMG_0791.jpg
Views: 2277
Size:  46.9 KB

Luckily the ball joints have been replaced at least once, but the nuts were facing down on the passenger side so the boot had to be in rough shape anyway. And if you can't tell from the pics, it's been a while since someone has touched the front end

Name:  IMG_0794.jpg
Views: 2256
Size:  42.1 KB
I can't forget my helper, Blue

Name:  IMG_0798.jpg
Views: 2245
Size:  53.6 KB
c10vortec is offline   Reply With Quote