View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 01:30 AM   #1
BC Toy chest

My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Not done yet, still have more to do. Before I paint it . Will post some BEFORE & AFTER pics in the future. The pictures are not in order but you can get an idea of what I have done. When I take it apart to paint it I will be doing some updates to the engine more modifications to body and suspension. But the body mods most people will not notice. For example the smooth steps and rounded bed rails and seat belt buckles for the tail gate latch. With the exception of the Mustang II suspenion I do everything myself. I will also be lowering the truck some more, it's not low enough yet, but no air bags. LOL, God help me I still keep hope alive, (I HOPE) one day it will look as nice as all these other Tri five Chevy /GMC I see in shows and on the net. Especially here on "1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board" these projects are awesome. To be honest with you I kind of felt my truck wasn't up to the same level as the other trucks on here. Any way I don't have deep pockets $$$, but I do the best I can. You folks on here are a real inspiration and it challenges me to strive to go a little further to do a good job. I drove the truck for a long time without paint coz I didn't have the money plus I wanted to enjoy my truck. But now I paint and I will be doing it myself.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 11-29-2010 at 12:22 AM.
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote