View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
63inoz

Upside down, back to front, long low 63 fleet

Just made my first post in introduction section.
Now I want to get a thread going to refer back to when progress gets problematic. So to explain
Upside down - in Australia, down under, hangin off the bottom of the earth.
Back to front - we drive on the other side of the road, nearly said the correct side, but thought probably too early to be controversial.
Long and low - cos long looks lower, thats an opinion dont shoot
63 - love the wrap around screen, love those A pillars, wanted the later chassis. Just cant go down to the local junkyard and pick up a later chassis to put in a 60-62 around here. A 63 has it all, for me.
Fleetside - cos I like em. Love steps on fifties. Appreciate that someone bothered to design a tub for the new shape of the sixties. Thats another opinion, please like whatever you like.
Just got this 63 from a parts yard in Los Angeles. $1000. Few bits missing from engine bay, carb, radiator, alternator. Otherwise all there. 350/350. My buddy in LA crawled all over it, couldnt find any significant rust except the bottoms of doors, fenders, cab corners, rockers.
Its about to land here and I cant wait to get into it.
The shipping co said to feel free to fill it up with parts, no extra charge, so Ive got lots of boxes of large or heavy items coming too. Spindles, brakes, rust repair sections, rear tank, windshield, and a windshield and gas tank for my 71 Camaro. Otherwise these items would cost a bomb to get shipped here.
Plans first up are to get it driving asap, but at the same time get it as low as possible, keeping 4" clearance, and on coils. Looking at 2.5 spindles, cut springs, pancake crossmember, tubular lcas, dont know if a body channel is possible, cant find a thread on it.
Seems to me getting the front down is the biggest challenge, especially to keep the 4" ground clearance we have to have around here. I dont mind cos I want it safe and dont want to smack the road with the lcas.
And then theres the rust repairs, must do to get it going, paint can wait till i can get some brainspace back.
A few pics for now and I'll be back when I've actually done something.
cheers
Tony
Attached Images

63inoz is offline   Reply With Quote