View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #13
63inoz

Re: Upside down, back to front, long low 63 fleet

Little bit of progress over the last few weeks.
Ive been way too busy but a buddy told me a bit of a horror story about the pressure washing they do in quarantine so we just had to investigate.
The motor is full of water, we tried to turn it over but its hydraulic locked.
The truck is in the carport so i have very little space to work but got the intake off, see pic of water in intake ports.
Got heads off, 3 cylinders with lots of water and rust already, and seems its a dislexic 350, you know the 305 model 350, so nothing i wanted to remember in pics.
Anyhow the heads are 416s with the 194 valves and theyre flat top pistons so its probably a good enough motor for what i want, just not a 350.
Researched 305s a bit and lots saying to just go down the junkyard and pull a 350 and trash the 305, but those kind of junkyards dont exist in this half of the earth. Not impossible, just not that easy.
Just gotta get the block out of it and get it all cleaned up asap and we'll make some decisions then.
Also check out my grill, saw the damage in the pics I'd seen, chose to ignore it, looking at the big picture, you know. Now I need to deal with it. You all probably know how hard it is to get a good 63 grill in the states, let alone trying to get one posted to here.
If anyone has a partly trashed grill that could give up a section of criss-cross that i could graft in, that may be an option I might like to hear about.
Thought about cutting the rest of the crosshatch out and replacing with horizontal 3/8 square bars. Custom!!? Jury is still deciding.
Also if anyone has any theories about why cutting it up was a great idea in the first place, that could be interesting.
Anyhow gotta get back to making some space in the workshop where I have some solid roof beams that can handle the weight of a sbc.
My camaro is in there with all the front sheetmetal off and that takes up a lot of space.
Attached Images