View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 11:20 PM   #5
87Lowrider
Navy Radioman Veteran

Re: My’56 Chevy Shortbox Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARBlade View Post
Its got a Camaro clip, 8.5" 10 bolt rear end, so pretty much hotrod lol. I ordered a 4-link from Paul Horton, Welder Series, so that's going in, not sure on which coil overs to use there yet, open to ideas. Got a disc brake package for it as well. I'm starting at the back and moving forward I guess. The floors have been replaced and you see new fenders on it. These will need work, lots of gap issues there. I think the rear fenders are shot, same with the stepsides on the bed. Oh, and the A pillars around the front windshield are rotten, so I have another cab from which to rob the roof. From there, more body work, but its not going to be a show truck as I'm not that talented, have good mechanical sense and the will to try anything, but I do have limits, no shop, just a garage, and some tools. Never used a mig before, but I am learning, it makes an old stick guy like me half descent lol. I guess that's it for now. I'll just add progress as I go. With pictures. I'm also thinking about using YouTube to document progress as well. We'll see how that goes.
Sounds like a plan... I'll be watching... we like pics!
87Lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote