View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 12:13 PM   #8
SARBlade

Re: My’56 Chevy Shortbox Build

Raven, the truck has a different cab from the extra one I have. The other cab is the original and is pretty much rotten from floor down. Not sure where it sat but it’s bad. The top of it is surprisingly good. The cab on the truck now is solid except for the A pillars and top of windshield. There are more dings on the present cab but nothing hammer and dolly won’t take out. The previous owner put in a complete new floor, front to back and steps. Door pillars are good up to the windshield where, as you mentioned, are the pinch welds. Bottom of the vents are fine, some pinhole rust so I’ll cut what is needed out there to repair. I know the roof is going to be a huge job, I’m going to follow what Jean-Marc did here

I will snap some pics today and post, I think everyone loves photos! I picked up my 5.3 on the weekend and have taken accessories off, they were pretty much shot, now to clean. It’s supposed to be a 100K motor, I doubt it, looks more like 200k, but I got it for $600 so I’m not complaining. Compression was good and it ran. Got all the wiring harness, ECL, etc. What I didn’t get, and didn’t notice was that the throttle is drive by wire, so will need a pedal, not a big thing I imagine. At least the guy took the time to disconnect the wiring harness and not cut it. All plugs are there.