Thread: 1961 Apache
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 11:20 PM   #1
62c30

1961 Apache

This was my grandfathers truck that he bought when it was less than a year old. He died before I was born and what i've been told has not been on the road since 1982. My grandma said I could have it in the late '80's early 90's. I brought it from Missouri to Kansas in 2002. It has been sitting ever since. I didn't want to start on it until I could go through it completely so I didn't have a project scattered all over my garage for years. I built a new garage last year and loaded the truck on the trailer to finally store it inside and noticed the rear of the frame was rotted. Put it in the garage and a few months later a friend called and he had found a 60-62 swb frame. So the frame rotted out was kinda a bad thing at first but now I am going to build the other frame and just swap the body. I always wanted to put it back to stock or close to it. Plan is to swap it on to this other frame with an LS and drive it for a year or 20 and then when I have all the resources to go through the body then restore back to stock. Would like to have it running and driving this year.......
Attached Images

62c30 is offline   Reply With Quote