View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 04:03 PM   #9
SARBlade

Re: My’56 Chevy Shortbox Build

Hey all, its been sometime from my last post, you know life, wife, pets, Covid get in the way of things! Well I bought a 5.3 LM7, rebuilt it, now working on the standalone wiring harness. I have to throw out a big thanks and say that Brendan at LT1Swap.com sure knows his stuff. I have used his sight and YouTube videos to get where I am. So I do have a couple of questions before buttoning up the harness with tape and loom. I am thinking about keeping the original instrument cluster. The info provided as you know is speed, temp, amps, oil and fuel level. I'm unsure if the PCM from the harness can provide info to this wrt speed, oil pressure, amperage and temperature. I guess the sender from the fuel tank will provide fuel info. I know the only thing from the harness is a 4000 hz pulse for a tach. LT1Swap has me take out the oil pressure, does that mean I'm stuck with a mechanical wet line? what about voltage for the ammeter? Id like to know so that I can add whatever wiring now as to later. Thanks

BTW, some pics I guess.

$450

Done after $1500 for new accessories, LS3 manifolds, Sloppy stage 2 cam/lifters and a good cleaning. Engine had good compression and only 100K miles. Looked rough tho. Pretty clean inside.

SARBlade is offline   Reply With Quote