View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 03:11 AM   #1237
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Getting questioned about this door I am making, and the orientation of the stars and stripes.

So here are the reasonings.

Also remember, it is not a factory made, perfectly proportioned door. The hole is actually irregular, so I needed to just eyeball it and try get it looking a bit cartoonlike.

If you then go and look at the protocols for how the flag is flown, draped, or hung in various situations (and many people do not know these things about their own flags, including the Union Jack that has a top and bottom as well) you will find that the Union has to be to the left when applied as I am doing.

Hope this helps.

There's a right and a wrong way to hang the flag vertically.

Don't hang your flag backwards, upside down, or in another inappropriate fashion. If you're hanging your flag vertically (like from a window or against a wall), the Union portion with the stars should go on the observer's left. Never dip the flag to any person or anything.

History of the American flag - American flag layout

US flag has over 245 years of history. Our flag size calculator presents only one of 44 designs that the official American banner has had over these years.

It all started in December 1775, with the very first pattern that incorporated a Union Jack (UKemoji.jpg) into a field full of white and red stripes.
The second design in 1777 brought a very anticipated change - a union full of stars each representing a US states (there were only 13 of them at the time!). This US flag design consisted of 13 red & white stripes and the same number of stars.
Each flag that followed didn't last long - the US was continually expanding, and new states (and stars!⭐) were constantly being added.
💡 Americans always introduced new flags on the 4th of July!

The current flag was created in 1960 after the addition of Hawaii, the only island state located outside of North America. That was when the 50th star was finally placed in the union, creating the everlasting image we know today (which has specified American flag proportions).
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote