Thread: Soap on a Rope
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 01:42 PM   #113
lunatic1968

Re: Soap on a Rope

Well, I have been busy...but I seem to be all over the place , as I run into issues I stop and work on something else while I think about the other issues. The truck is nearly together again. I started getting the wiring done, with the help of friends. A couple years ago I decided I wanted cannon plugs for my wiring to go through the firewall. I thought it would be cool to disconnect a couple cannon plugs and be able to remove/install the body quickly. Half of it is done but now I have to pin the firewall side. I have to say right now, I don't like my placement of the plugs. and the time that it has taken to do this mod has taken a long time, too long. I sometimes think about starting over. It was a risky move and a lot of thought went into it. First item was cutting my brand new engine and trans harness in half. Another warranty voided. I am pre-wiring the whole truck with connectors, everything will have connectors for ease of installation later and I will be able to remove the harness and wrap it head to toe.

Anyways I am tired of wiring and I keep adding things such as power windows, push button start, RFID security, auto start, and power door locks. I need time to think what else I want to add before finalizing the wiring.

So I have moved to the front of the truck into the engine compartment. Attempting to make my radiator support and wheel wells. They will be pretty simple as I don't have an English wheel or bead roller,but they are definitely on my list of tools I need. but I think I can whip up something with out them.
What I do have is dimple dies so this one trick pony is going to dimple die the hell out of whatever I make under the hood. Ive gotten pretty far but its not coming out symmetrical as I would like because of the intake tube on the drivers side and the radiator cap ..... idk what I'm going to do for access to it. Ive seen beautiful metalwork done on engine covers but alot of them cover the access to serviceability to the radiator cap or oil fill without taking off covers to get to them meaning removing bolts to get to something. I am hoping I can make something serviceable. Any ideas?

It's just mocked up with tape and clecos right now but you can see the direction Im going.
Attached Images

lunatic1968 is offline   Reply With Quote