View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 01:32 PM   #30
RustyPile

Re: Let's Talk about In-Cab Reproduction Gas Tanks and EEC vs non-EEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Words of wisdom. Agree, personally I like being corrected and tuned. I'm world champion for questions, and too many times I think something is fact when it's not at all. It's an education when you're open to it, and hopefully learn to hold things at bay till proven.

He was actually a good mechanic for the most part. I think meth did him in. He took over the old man's shop, and that old man was excellent. I used them because I knew nothing about these and mechanical beyond simple, and shied away from it.
'
I'm quite elderly and retired now, but I was a mechanic for some 30 plus years. Twelve of those years I was a shop owner. I would never do a hack job on any car in my shop or work space, even if the customer only wanted it done that way. I have ethics and a penchant for honesty. I had a good reputation and was rewarded very well for my efforts. I put both my kids through college. One is a loan officer at a lending institute and the other is a safety engineer at the worlds largest petroleum refinery.
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote