View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 02:48 PM   #21
rkn463

Re: Bosch Hydromax brake booster info

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaHD View Post
Question for any of yall that has an inoperable motor;
Have you tried connecting power directly to it to see if the motor is good? Could be an issue in the electronic module, bad flow switch, or bad relay.
Yes I have wired mine directly and still nothing. The factory wiring has a feature that it can sense if there is a broken wire or if the motor doesn't have continuity to ground - in that case the warning buzzer is sounded and mine does this. I think that either the wire broke internally or the brushes are bad or possibly an internal seal blew and the electric part is full of oil. For 112 dollars shown in your previous post I think I'm going to gamble on the newer pump working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaHD View Post
For my back up motor I plan to use a relay, momentary push switch, and mount it where the cigarette lighter goes. I cant find any junkyards willing to pull out that brake harness and module without cutting it up...

If yours is a one wire setup, I can get you the factory wiring diagram (for the 89... it should work the same) and you could create your own harness where it just works. Keep in mind when you are driving and things go wrong, you might not have a free hand to work the switch!

-Richard