View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 05:28 AM   #51
special-K
Special Order

Re: What does your screen name mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Not quiet, not enough letters.... Palfreyman
Well I got the first part right . I saw a lift gate on a pickup that was made by Palfinger after reading your post, from Western PA, the German migration, lots of their names ending with "inger"... thought I had it. Shoot! Larry is a worldly man to know what a palfrey is/was. That's you, Bill, a smooth rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayoterun View Post
Cayoterun: Living in the flat, treeless Oklahoma panhandle most of my life on the old family farm/ranch, we didn't pen our cows to calf. They calved in the pastures. During calving season, we'd drive the pastures looking for new borns and Mamas. Sometimes a calf-killing cayote would get in the neighborhood and kill-eat the new born. When they did, it was all out war on cayotes in the neighborhood. Our pastures are pretty flat and several acres in each pasture. When we saw a cayote near the cow and calf from a distance, I'd pour the coal to the old pickup, stick the 12 ga shotgun loaded with buckshot out the drivers window, run up beside it and put it down. Several times a friend would be with me, and have said "Boy, that thing (cayote) sure can run". Soo, when I needed a screen name, that came to my mind.
I figured it was something like that

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote