View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 05:11 PM   #21
1project2many

Re: Need help removing shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
I've always thought that forums should have it set so that after 6 or 12 months of no posts only the OP can reopen the thread. If you go down the member list and check one post members, 90% of the time they joined to ask a question at the tail end of an old thread and may not have gotten a good answer to their actual question. Or as in this case to add their answer to the long dead thread. This time it just happens that this is one of those items that even those of us who have done the task a number of times have to stop and think it out about half the time.

If they start a new thread and ask their question they usually get solid answers the first time around from the folks who either have the knowledge or take the time to research to get the right answer or confirm what they know.
Some of the forums I'm on will pop up a warning box when you try to reply to an old thread. You can still reply, but the warning is there. The forum software here may not have that option. I've been known to start a new thread then reference an old one in the new one.

As far as removing the shifter collar, I find it interesting how many people use big water pump pliers. I bought a pair of actual Channel Lock pliers for this exact job in the '90s and I still have it in the work toolbox.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote