Thread: 74' by Jabes...
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #10
Jabes1

Re: 74' by Jabes...

Got a few things done, to include fabbing the notch, bolting it in place and welding it in place. Fuel injection runs great so far, worked on the tune some more and its coming together pretty well. Back when I fragged my transmission I rebuilt it myself and learned an expensive lesson... I put the pump gear in upside down which totally wiped the front pump and sent all the fragments into my towing converter. I had a stall coverter from summit laying around that I used for a short stint when I was dragging my truck, so I put that in. Well, that stall converter is kicking me in the rear with poor mpgs stop and go, so that's on the list to change out soon... considering the Hughes 5TOW converter so its not slipping and more efficient. Im not looking to drag this truck anymore and am heading towards a build that is efficient and reliable as possible. Considering a 2.73 gear as well, I want to be close to 1500-1700 rpms +/-200rpms with converter slippage while at 75-80mph on the freeway. Next on the list is quieting the exhaust down and adding another 02 bung so I can use my wideband and see exactly whats going on with the tune...

Bolted in ready to take a trip to my Dads to weld in place.

Welded in place.

Have to make sure my helper is safe
Jabes1 is offline   Reply With Quote