View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 11:04 PM   #134
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

I called the local shop that does LS swaps and we figured out the transmission problem. The 4L80e has two VSS connections. My harness only has a single VSS connector and I was plugged into the wrong one. Took about 30 seconds to switch it. The test drive went great. It even fixed the high idle problem I had.

During the call he asked about the various connections and the symptoms. One thing I had noticed but he didn't ask about was that my scanner showed a speed even when the truck was in park. That lit a light bulb and he said my VSS connections were reversed. I only had one so I switched it. Problem solved.

I drove around, let it sit and idle, drove some more, never shut it off. It ran for well over an hour, never overheating, transmission never really got warmer than about 165f.

Made my day. Still need to bring it to the shop so they can fix a couple other programming issues. Nothing serious. Going to put some miles on it over the next couple weeks, change the oil in the rear axle, clean up some wiring and work on getting the gages working.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote