View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 05:04 AM   #21
68ls1

Re: 1971 K5 Blazer - down under

So yesterday I removed a coolant overflow set up which went no where? Started looking for horns as nothing was happening when pressing horn button. It finally rained, so I know wipers now work, and washer seems to be aftermarket, no spray yet, so need to check if it hose or power.

Today we (help from son) removed what I can only assume was not a factory optioned auxiliary battery (non working) . This uncovered the horns, 1 bolted in no wiring connected, 2nd horn found loose in front of wheel well.

Bolted horn to rad support, connected wires and now have horn. Not a great sound, so one may not be working. Have electrician coming this week to hopefully diagnose wiring and remove any surplus.

When removing auxiliary battery, we found a positive terminal, a ground terminal and a yellow terminal with two black wires that ran through firewall, but stop under door sill plate. There are multiple circuit breakers and relays that appear to have no purpose. I think we will have removed a couple of hundred pounds of non functioning upgrades by the time i have finished. I have included pics of what i believe to be a non genuine auxiliary battery bracket

Name:  IMG_2383 copy.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  112.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2384 copy.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  113.0 KB
68ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote