View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #10
slomotion
Old Duffer

Re: Polishing Stainless Steel

Nate, here's what I'm talking about. The light blue areas in the second pic are streaks. The third pic was from last fall. I just threw that in.

Dammitmitchel, thank you for the link. I read the whole thing. One thing I'm wondering about though. I don't use a sealer, (wax or detailer) for two reasons, one, when I go back to touch up the "bright work" I didn't want anything to contaminate the power ball, and two, I thought any wax might make the streaks worse. Is my thinking wacked? (Well, yes it is, but I mean as far as these SS box doors are concerned. )
You can see that they look OK for the most part, but get the light/reflection just so and they look neglected. Everytime I see those smudges I have a "significant emotional event". I did pick up some of those microfiber towels so we'll try it again.

All of this brought up another question; After all the polishing, and you're satisfied with the job, should they be waxed/sealed or left bare?

Thanx
Attached Images

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote