View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 09:06 AM   #1241
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
That turned out great!
Thank you very much.

Happy with it, for what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
The flag turned out nice. It's always frustrating to get a tip after the fact. But it's too good of a tip to not pass along. The way to avoid the seepage that you got under the vinyl stars is possible two ways. One by spraying the blue on and typically the spray would not force itself under the edges of the vinyl which would basically be a spray "shadow". When brushing the paint on, the one I learned from painters is that you paint the edges of the tape line (in this case vinyl stars) with the base color first so that what seeps under the vinyl is the white. Let that dry and your edges are sealed so that you can paint the blue over top. And no blue will seep under because the white already did the seeping. Make sense? Regardless, you did a nice job on it. Lots of good detail in the new carport.

BRILLIANT TIP !!

Obviously with just using a roller, and gloss paint from a tin, your tip would have worked perfectly.

The white is a really quick drying paint as well. So would have worked brilliantly overnight.

Still, we learn every day.

I am planning on blanking some of the seepage with a very thin brush before I hang the door.

It has been a pleasure doing this door.

Once I get to the phase of adding a Gas Station frontage to the front edge of the carport, it may come together nicely too.

My own little corner of America
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote