Todd68Chevy

Re: Anybody seen them do this to a bed before

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayhauler71 View Post
interested
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJs69CST View Post
Wonder if it had a camper or shell of some type?
Do not know. That was my first thought was something to do with a camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfodgy View Post
Perhaps this truck was used to haul around 5- 55/gal. barrels of something. The arches look to be about the same radius as a steel drum.
I have some drums. I may need to put 5 of them in there and see how they fit. It does look like the correct diameter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
The peron that did the mod's probably isn't even around.

Half ton pickup's performed the worlds work duties until duallie one tons started showing up in the mid 70's. It was a different world back then. A lot of things I'd like to still be happening is this day and age. Like folks knowing how to do an honest days work...
This is a C20 and it looks like it is as old as the truck is. It could have hauled anything in its day. It had a 4 speed and an Eaton rear end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
My guess would be to haul o2 tanks or something similar. Are there any tie down hooks inside the bed or anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_sheep454 View Post
That's what I was thinking too
Posted via Mobile Device
Like torch tanks or something else? There diameter is larger than the torch tanks that I have seen.

Thanks everyone.

I currently own: 1940 Chevy Fire truck (project), 1946 Chevy truck (project), 1946 Chevy 1 Ton pick up, 1953 Chevy school bus (storage area), 1968 Chevy C10 (I have drove for 26 years), 1994 Chevy C2500 (daily driver), 2005 GMC crew cab K2500 (parts hauler) and more trucks for parts.
Todd68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote